Welcome to a better way to manage your account through the Appalachian Power Login portal. You can view and pay your bill, report an outage, check outage status, manage your accounts, view billing history, and more. Use the “Remember me” feature to make login a breeze. Everything is now at the touch of your fingertips.
All Appalachian Power customers are required to have a valid username and password before accessing the Appalachian Power login portal. If you are an existing customer, you will have a full access to the following account features.
- Report a power outage
- Check outage status and track restoration progress
- Easy access to view outage maps in your area
- Choose “Remember me” to skip logging in each time you use the app*
- View your real-time account balance, payment due date, and balance details
- View and download your bill (PDF)
- Pay immediately for free from your bank account
- Make automatic or scheduled payments
- Other ways to pay (credit/debit card, in-person, by phone)
- Switch between multiple accounts
- Compare how your current usage compares to last month or the same time last year
- Enroll in and manage your paperless billing
- Add or delete your bank accounts
- Enroll in and manage billing and outage alerts
How To Register For Appalachian Power Online Account
Register for an online account with an active email address along with a phone number, address, or account number. To set up your online account, you need to register online on the Appalachian Power website.
Follow these steps to set up your account:
- Open the link in a safe browser and enter your Appalachian Power account number found on the top-right of your bill. You can also find out your account number by entering the phone number associated with the account.
- Along with the account number, enter one of the following – the last four digits of your Social Security number, your Business Tax ID, or the total amount due and billing period of your last 2 bills.
- Verify the information and submit it.
After your account has been set up, you can choose to sign up for the paperless eBill and maintain your account through the convenient mobile app.
Appalachian Power Login Steps
You can access your Appalachian Power account from any location if you have one. You must understand how to access your account in order to get there. However, if you already have your Appalachian Power Login credentials, follow the steps below to log in.
Once your Appalachian Power account is up and running, you can log in by going to https://www.appalachianpower.com/account/
In case you’re moving to a new residence, you can apply to transfer your service to the new address. To do that, simply sign up for a new Appalachian Power online account, and follow the prompts.
To start, stop and/or transfer your service to a new address, click here.
How to Pay Your Appalachian Power Bill
There are four ways you can pay your Appalachian Power bill.
- Online: Once you have created an energy supply account with the company, you can pay through an online payment account or as a guest (via a utility account number and zip code). If you have AutoPay set up, the payment will automatically be deducted from your account. You can also pay via credit/debit card or eCheck.
- Pay by Phone: You can call Appalachian Power at 1-800-956-4237 to make payments via credit/debit card or electronic funds transfer.
- In-Person: You can pay in-person at authorized payment locations.
- Mail: You can mail your payment via money order or check.
For more information on each payment method, click here.
Appalachian Power Customer Service
Appalachian Power has several customer service options.
- Use the Contact Us page to make general inquiries via online forms.
- Call the dedicated emergency contact number (1-800-956-4237) for rapid emergency response.
The dedicated emergency hotline is the best way to alert the supplier in case you experience a power outage or see a downed/sparking power line.
Appalachian Power Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information:
- Appalachian Power Customer Service –1-800-956-4237
- Mailing Address – For Payments: Appalachian Power, PO box 371496, Pittsburgh, PA 15250-7496. For overnight bill payments: American Electric Power, Attention: 371496, 500 Ross ST 154-0470, Pittsburgh, PA 15262-0001.
To avoid any confusion, use your registered number when calling any of the numbers above.