The ComED Bill Pay portal allows you to easily access your account information on the go. The online portal makes it simple to manage more than one account at a time and is available to both residential and business customers from the comfort of your home. You can pay your bill, report your outage, stay up-to-date on the restoration status, check your usage and more!
If you are new customer, you are required to create an online account to manage your ComED bill payments online. Online account registration is very simple, once you create your online account and sign in, you will have a full and secure access to the following online account management tools.
1: Instant Info and Easy Access: From paying your full bill, reviewing your usage at a glance and seeing what’s new with ComED, the Home screen has everything you need on the go.
2: Bill: Here you can check out your current bill, make a payment, review your account history, sign up for AutoPay, Budget Billing and even go paperless.
3: Outage: You won’t get caught in the dark again! Check your outage status, report an outage and view the outage map, all in one convenient location to keep you up-to-date on your power status.
4: Usage: Compare your bill history, understand your energy usage trends, customize your home profile, adjust your thermostat settings, and more.
5: Alerts: Stay up-to-date by receiving notifications around outages, when your bill is ready or due and more, all managed through your alerts section.
General Payment Information for ComEd Customers
As the largest electric company in Illinois, ComEd serves over 70% of the population. The company provides service across an 11,400 square-miles service area and has over 90,000 miles of power lines. ComEd also launched one of the most extensive Smart Grid programs in the United States as part of its public service and innovation campaign.
All Illinois residents are free to choose who supplies their electric utilities. ComEd is a utility company that provides reliable power delivery and maintains power lines. However, they don’t necessarily supply electricity. Customers can choose another retail electric supplier with different rates and plans.
If you don’t choose a RES, you will receive the electric supply at ComEd’s default rate for hourly pricing. While the default rate is regulated and approved by the Illinois Commerce Commission, it may be higher than the market prices. Therefore, the default rate is called the Price to Compare. You can use the Price to Compare to see if you can get a better rate or plan with another RES.
You can learn more about ComEd’s rates and tariffs here. If you’re wondering how customer choice works, you can learn more here. Furthermore, you can go here if you’re having trouble understanding your bill.
How To Register For Online Access To Your ComED Account
If you’re a new Commonwealth Edison customer, you can sign up for online access to your account. It’s a fast and easy way to pay your bill, view your energy use and so much more.
Things you will need:
- Personal or business information
- Primary phone number (the number you provided when starting your service)
- Last 4 digits of the primary account holder Social Security number or Business Tax ID
- Bill details (from one of your last two bills)
- 10-digit account number
- Total amount due
- Bill due date
ComEd customers can set up an online profile by following the steps below:
- On any page, press the Sign In button and then select the Register Here link.
- Choose the option that matches the type of electric account you have.
- Fill out the information on each window and select Continue.
You can log in using your email here.
Does ComEd Have Payment Plan Options?
ComEd has several payment plan options for different customers. Here are three payment programs they currently offer.
- Budget Billing: Budget Billing helps you avoid seasonal fluctuations by paying the same bill amount each month throughout the year. Your average monthly bill depends on potential price changes, weather forecasts, and your usage history. You can learn more about Budget Billing here.
- Payment Arrangements: If you need help paying back your past-due balance, you can request a Deferred Payment Arrangement to pay back the amount in installments. You can learn more here.
- Payment Assistance: You can apply for several payment and bill assistance programs if you can qualify. Low-income households can apply for ComEd’s Bill Assistance, CHAMP, LIHEAP, Residential Special Hardship Program, Non-Profit Special Hardship Program, and other state and local resources. You can learn more about payment assistance programs here.
ComED Bill Pay Options
Everyone uses energy in different ways — and pays their bills in different ways. Explore the options below and choose which one works for you.
1: Online: You can sign in and pay your ComEd bill online using your bank account or credit/debit card. You can also make a one-time online guest payment without creating an account.
3: Pay by Mail: Make checks payable to ComEd and include your account number on your check. Allow one week for delivery. Use your bill payment return envelope or send your payments to:
P.O. BOX 6111
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6111
ComEd Customer Service
ComEd has several customer support options.
- Use the Contact Us page to make general inquiries.
- You can contact ComEd online using this online form.
- You can follow ComEd on LinkedIn for the latest updates. You can engage with representatives on Facebook and Twitter for queries. You can learn more here.
- You can download the ComEd app for 24/7 support.
- Check out the extensive customer guides here.
It’s advisable to first check out the FAQs before contacting a representative.
ComEd Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information.
- ComEd’s Customer Service (Residential and for Outages) – 1-800-334-7661
- For Spanish Customers – 1-800-955-8237
- For Business Customers (and for Business Payments) – 1-877-426-6331
- Assistance Programs – 1-888-806-2273
- Bill Payment – 1-800-588-9477
- Mailing Address – ComEd Customer Care Center, P.O. Box 805379, Chicago, IL 60680-5379
- Mailing Address for Payments – ComEd, P.O. BOX 6111, Carol Stream, IL 60197-6111
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.