Unitil provides the necessities of life, safely and reliably delivering natural gas and electricity throughout New England. However, the Unitil Bill Pay portal allows you to access and manage your Unitil account online. You can report your outage and stay up-to-date on the restoration status from anywhere. Key features include:
- Effortlessly view and pay your bill
- Report and check outage status
- View the outage map
- Check balance
- View account activity
- Manage your AutoPay and Budget Billing settings
- Report an outage without signing in
- View usage data, bill forecast and trends
- Compare your bills
- Set alerts for outage status, when your bill is ready, upcoming payment reminders, and more
Meanwhile, If you are interested in their online services, Spreading Solution will take you through easy steps that will help you access and manage your Unitil Power account online with less stress, if you are a first time user, you will learn how to register for Unitil online access and make Unitil bill payment at a go.
General Payment Information for Unitil Users
According to the company’s Chief Financial Officer (and Senior Vice President), Unitil now has 106,000 electric customers and 83,600 natural gas customers in the New England area of the United States. The company’s service territory reaches from Hampton, Portsmouth, and the Seacoast region to cities, such as Concord, Exeter, and Portland, among others.
All Unitil customers are free to choose their energy supplier. Unitil’s operating utilities provide distribution and maintenance services but don’t necessarily supply the energy. However, if you don’t choose an energy supplier, you will receive the basic plan from Unitil – it can have fixed or variable service rates. You can learn more about energy supply options here.
The rates offered by Unitil are regulated and approved by the Public Utilities Commission. However, the basic plan rate may be higher; you can find Unitil’s rates here, and if you’re interested in the tariffs, you can find them here. The default rate is your Price to Compare – you can use it to compare the rates and plans provided by other energy suppliers.
If you’re confused about your energy statement or bill, you can check out the resources here.
How To Register For Online Access To Your Unitil Account
To set up your Unitil account, you need to register on Unitil’s website.
Follow these steps to set up your new account.
- Go to this link to start the registration, or click on the ‘Create Account’ button on the login page.
- Enter your Unitil account number to continue.
- Start entering your details, such as your full name, phone number, Social Security Number (SSN), user name, and password.
- Double-check all the information to verify it and submit your application.
- You will receive an email confirmation of the account soon after.
You can log in using your user name here
Unitil Bill Pay Options
You can make your Unitil Bill Payment online, by phone or by mail. With a MyUnitil account, you can go paperless, set up automatic payments and monthly bill alerts. Have it precisely your way. Flexible payment and billing options make it easy.
1: Pay Online: Unitil accept payments by credit/debit card or electronic check on our secure website. You can conveniently log in to your MyUnitil account to pay, or alternatively, make a one-time payment without registering for an account.
2: Pay my bill by mail: To mail in a payment, please address it to:
P.O. Box 981077
Boston, MA 02298-1077
3: Pay my bill over the phone: You can pay your bill using your credit card (Visa or Mastercard only) or by check using our automated system. No waiting required! If you wish to speak to a representative to pay by credit card, you will be transferred to our third-party vendor and a $2.75 handling fee per transaction will apply. Please call 1-888-301-7700 to pay your bill today.
4: Pay my bill in person: A number of payment locations are conveniently located throughout the service areas. To find a location to make a payment, please search for your nearest Western Union location.
Please be aware that some locations may require a bill in order to make a payment or process a security deposit. Federal requirements limit the maximum payment amount at $2,500 per transaction. Use only authorized payment agents to facilitate timely payment posting.
Many of Unitil customers pay their bill directly to them or use a payment agent that they’ve authorized to collect customer payments. However, some customers have used bill payment services that do not have any arrangements with then to process payments.
To protect yourself and your utility service, be sure to follow these steps:
- Use caution when making your payment through a third-party bill payment service that is not authorized by Unitil.
- Be sure to bring both portions (top and bottom) of your bill or provide your 10-digit Unitil account number.
- The payment agent might charge a service fee for each transaction. Check your local phone directory and contact the payment agent for specifics. Most importantly, always keep your receipt.