FirstEnergy Corp. has launched the West Penn Power Login portal and free smartphone app for the customers of its electric utility companies in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia and Maryland. The West Penn Power Login portal make it even easier for customers to access important information and services related to their electric accounts.
Meanwhile, If you are interested in their online services, Insurance Diaries will take you through easy steps that will help you access and manage your West Penn Power account online with less stress, if you are a first time user, you will learn how to register for West Penn Power online access and make West Penn Power bill payment at a go.
What You Need To Know About West Penn Power
West Penn Power is a subsidiary of First Energy Corp. and has headquarters in Greensburg, Pennsylvania. They’re a natural gas and electric utility company that provides energy to more than 724,000 customers in 24 Pennsylvania counties.
West Penn Power customers can buy electricity from competitive suppliers offering different electricity plans. The rates provided by competitive suppliers only include the cost of energy supply and not the cost of energy delivery. Customers can save on energy supply with competitive rates, but the delivery costs remain the same regardless of your electric generation supplier.
The current default supply price (also known as the Price to Compare) for West Penn Power electric supply is currently 5.637 cents per kWh. If you choose a competitive electric generation supplier, you can save on the per kWh supply of electricity. However, delivery and any other charges would still have to be paid to West Penn Power.
The average residential West Penn Power customer uses 739 kWh per month. Including both supply and delivery charges, the average electric bill is $82.66. [Source: EIA] West Penn Power now installs smart meters for every customer that allows for automatic meter readings. They also help detect outages much more quickly.
West Penn Power Payment Plan Options
West Penn Power provides several ways to pay your electric bill. That includes bank drafts, debit card payments, credit card payments, in-person payments, phone payments, mail payments, and even security deposits in some cases.
However, they also provide three different payment programs for every customer to choose from:
- Equal Payment Plan – You can make consistent uniform bill payments and avoid any seasonal fluctuation in payment amounts.
- Installment Plan – If you have an online account, you can opt for affordable installments with each monthly bill.
- Assistance and Service Programs – You can choose from a variety of assistance programs to help you pay your bills. These include programs such as the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and the Dollar Energy Fund, among others.
You can also try to make special arrangements that allow for extended due dates, payment arrangements, and third-party notifications. In exceptional cases, you can opt for a Military Deferred Payment Program or use the Protection from Abuse Order (PFA).
How To Register For Online Access To Your West Penn Power Account
To access and manage your West Penn Power account online, you need to register for online access to your account. You can register for an online account to pay bills, view payments, usage history, and outage status. You can also submit a meter reading, manage accounts, and sign up for text and email alerts.
To set up your West Penn Power account, you need to register online on the First Energy Corp. website.
Follow these steps to set up your account:
- Open the link in a safe browser and enter your West Penn Power account number found on the top-right of your bill. You will also need to enter your 5-digit ZIP code.
- Verify your service address and double-check it.
- Enter your online information, including your name, email, username, password, and pin (or the last four digits of your Social Security number).
- Verify the information and submit it.
- Confirm your account by clicking the link in your confirmation email.
After your account has been set up, you’ll automatically sign up for eBill, as well.
West Penn Power Login Steps
In order to log in to your West Penn Power account to continue to your Customer Dashboard. You must have your email address and password to access your Customer Dashboard online account. Those who don’t have their West Penn Power login credentials, have to register first.
Once your West Penn Power account is up and running, you can log in from this web page.
Keep in mind that once you set your account up, you can start, stop, or transfer your service. This is especially useful for anyone who’s moving to a new residence.
Enter your username and password to get to the portal. If you have trouble logging in and are wondering how to reset your password, just click on the ‘Forgot Username or Password’ button.
How To Make Your West Penn Power Bill Payment
West Penn Power allows you to choose the most convenient way to pay your bill. Whichever you pick, it’s fast, reliable and secure. View a summary of the various methods by which a customer can pay their bill, including online, phone, payment agencies, and mail.
1: Website: To pay by website, you need to be logged in to your online account.
2: Pay as a Guest: Make a payment now without signing in with a username or password. Payment options include one-time bank draft, debit/credit cards*, Apple Pay®*, and Google Pay®*.
Please note when paying as a guest you will not see the current account status or any applicable disconnection notice.
In order to make payment as a guest, go to https://www.firstenergycorp.com/register_for_onlineaccount/guest-payment.html and fill the blank spaces provided
* Service fees apply
3: Pay by Phone: Enjoy the speed and convenience of paying your monthly bill over the phone either by a one-time bank draft or one-time credit card payment.
One-Time Bank Draft: Call the Contact Center to make a payment with your checking or savings account, either automated through the IVR or by talking with a Customer Service Representative.
One-Time Credit Card: Call KUBRA EZ-PAY at 877-204-2207. Service fees apply per transaction.
The following information is needed for payment:
- Account number
- Amount of payment
- Accepted card
- Credit or Debit – Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, Discover®, or Diners Club®
- Pinless Debit – PULSE®, STAR®, Accel®, or NYCE®
- Month/year expiration date
- ZIP Code associated with the account address
- ZIP Code associated with the credit card billing address
- 3- or 4-digit security card (CVV) from back of card
- Phone number
Once your one-time payment is approved, a confirmation number will be provided.
Payments made before 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, will be processed on the day the payment is made. Payments made after 8 p.m. on Friday, will not be processed until the following Monday at 8 p.m. This excludes bank and business holidays.
4: Pay by Mail: Simply enclose your check or money order, along with the return stub from your bill form, in the return envelope included with your monthly bill. Please see your bill for details.
If you misplace the envelope provided, mail your payment to the appropriate address below:
Address: P.O. Box 3687 Akron, Ohio 44309-3687
- Ohio Edison
- The Illuminating Company
- Toledo Edison
- Penn Power
- West Penn Power
- Jersey Central Power & Light
Address: P.O. Box 3615 Akron, Ohio 44309-3615
- Potomac Edison
- Mon Power
West Penn Power Customer Service
West Penn Power has several customer service options.
- Use the Contact Us page to make general inquiries.
- Text OUT on your mobile phone.
- Call the 24/7 IVR system or the customer service representatives from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. all week.
If you have any form of impairment, contact the TRS at 711.
West Penn Power Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is the general contact information:
- West Penn Power’s Customer Service – 1-800-686-0021
- Report Power Outages – 1-888-544-4877
- Mailing Address – West Penn Power, 401 Coyle Curtain Rd, Monongahela, PA 15063
To avoid any confusion, use your registered number when dialing any of the numbers above.